Prompt Response - Week 6

One way that I regularly see as an idea is a blind date with a book, and this is commonly done with Romance books. I would love to flip the script and do a blind attack from a Horror book. This would give those who like the Horror genre something new, while also getting into books that they like. I would make sure to include blurbs on the book to help decide what book patrons would love to take home, but I would also keep a sheet with each blurb along with the title so that if someone wanted more details for a specific book, I would not have a problem getting them a little bit more about the book in general.

This program would be a bit more passive for those who are just looking, but it would also have some sort of display to go with it just to bring it to the attention of the other readers. As for advisory, we could help others find a book that they may like in the display, as well as come up with new ideas to add to the display once some have been checked out. It would be a rotating thing that could constantly be going on for a month, most likely in the month of October. This would be the best time to have a display like this since it correlates nicely with the month since most people associate spooky encounters and such with the month of October.

Comments

  1. I love the unique spin on the idea! There would have to be a sign or something that said "Blind Attack" though, otherwise I'd fear the patron would automatically assume it's the Blind Date with a book. To open a book to find horror rather than romance may be a nightmare in itself. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree. I may suggest adding fake little blood stains on the book using a marker, along with a dark and bloody looking sign to let people know. I may also include a warning sticker on each book that says something akin to "Warning, horror story inside. Read at own risk."

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Club Experience - The Chaos Machine

Science Fiction Annotation - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

My Reading Profile