My Secret Shopper Experience at my local Public Library

When looking for a book at my local Public Library, I went in and asked for a new book, and I was prompted by Marian, a fake name and musical reference, on what book I was looking for. Her questions led her to find out that I was looking for a romance novel like the Ravenels series by Lisa Klepas, and that I have also dabbled in Lisa Klepas's other series called the Wallflower series and the Hathaway series. I wanted it to be a period romance in the Victorian era as a more romanticized story.

I was recommended the books A Rogue by Any Other Name by Sarah MacLean from the Rule of Scoundrels series, as well as The Duke and I by Julia Quinn from the Bridgerton series. The first book had to be placed on hold due to it not being on the shelf at the library currently, but I was given the information to find The Duke and I on the shelf at the library so I had a book to take home that day and start reading.

The whole interaction was amazing and well done by Marian and I would most likely go back to her at the library if I were to be looking for books in the future. She was knowledgeable about the books I was looking for and had some experience with reading the books. It had actually helped to talk since I had seen the Bridgerton show and she had informed me that the show and book series were different, which helped me to be highly interested in the book series. Overall, it was a fantastic experience, and I will certainly know who to go to at my library for future books!

Comments

  1. Hi Taryn! It sounds like the librarian you spoke with was enthusiastic about your reading interests and very helpful! I like that she found a book for you to take home since the first one she recommended needed to be put on hold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to have a positive experience with this assignment! I know one thing that is super challenging when I'm giving book recommendations at my library is finding a book that is there for them to take home that day. That can really limit your options and most of the time people want to leave with a book in their hands, which is totally understandable. I'm glad you were able to leave with a couple good recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious about the Julia Quinn Bridgerton series now too. I enjoyed the show, are the books even better? I like that she was able to get you a book to go home with and something that matched what you were looking for.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Club Experience - The Chaos Machine

Science Fiction Annotation - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

My Reading Profile